The Visiopor® PP 34 camera uses a special UV light to visualize acne lesions of 8 x 10 mm. The orange-red fluorescence indicates the presence of the Propionibacterium Acnes bacterium, which causes juvenile acne.
Acne is a common disorder of the hair follicle glands. It usually begins during puberty, when androgens stimulate sebum production. The opening of the hair follicle becomes clogged by secreted sebum and dead skin cells. As a result, the initially invisible lesions enlarge and become a breeding ground for epidermal bacteria (Propionibacterium Acnes), which cause inflammation by producing free fatty acids and porphyrins.
The presence of porphyrins is visible under the right UV-A light. The intensity and area of fluorescence are proportional to the amount of bacteria and porphyrins. Improvement after therapy is accompanied by a significant reduction in the presence of bacteria and porphyrins.
- Can be connected to a computer via USB cable
- non-invasive easy to use and economical
- ease of image evaluation
- Possibility to set the range of light color for porphyrins and other substances
- all results can be transferred to an Excel file for statistical purposes
- you can also use the device for scalp diagnostics
- detection of invisible acne lesions
- Testing the effectiveness of antibacterial products and drugs
- monitoring the progress of treatment
Dimensions – 12 x 5.5 x 5.5 cm
Weight – 220 g
Cable length – 1.5 m
Connection – USB port
Power supply – 5 V DC via computer
Light source – 16 UVA- LED
Wavelength in the range of 375-385 nm
Image size – 10 x 8 mm
Resolution – 1280 x 1024 pixels